Powerflex 40P-E / Controllogix communications

hobbes

I have a Controllogix PLC that I currently have communicating to a Powerflex 40P-E. I am able to set the speed of the drive without a problem but I would like to monitor some parameters in the drive but I don't know how to access them from the PLC. I have read the manual for the 22-COMM-E adapter and it talks about datalinks but I don't see how to set them up from RSLogix 5000. The screen shots they use in the manual don't match what I am seeing in RSLogix. Does anyone have more information that may help me? I have attached some screen shots showing the configuration screens in RSLogix.

Thanks,

tom.

cfg1.jpg cfg2.jpg

The 20-COMM-E module, used with PowerFlex 7-series drives, supports "DataLinks", which are parameter pointers that are made part of the I/O connection data transfer.

The 22-COMM-E module, used with PowerFlex 4-series drives, does not support DataLinks. Any reference to DataLinks in the configuration will necessarily have a zero with it; in my opinion it shouldn't show up at all.

The only way to read and write parameters from the PowerFlex 40P drive over Ethernet is to perform individual parameter read and write actions using MSG instructions in the logic program.

Ken,

Thanks. I have added some MSG instructions to read the parameters I need. I agree, the configuration window is confusing since it shows 'Connection: Datalinks' even though they are not available for this drive.

tom.