How to do retentive memory in 313C-2DP

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I want to have a retentive marker word in a 313C-2DP. I have set up retentive memory in the properties of the PLC in the hardware config to be 16 bytes starting with MB0 but when I power the PLC down and back up it seems to lose whatever I've put in MW2 ?

I wondered if I need a battery for the PLC and (if so) where does the battery go ??

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this

;-)

Hi Ivo,
Sorry for the late reply, I've not been on the site for a few days.

My mistake, the retentive memory is working fine. I was viewing the wrong MW and the problem is sorted now.

It was a 314-6CG03-0AB0 by the way.

Thanks

;-)

Similar Topics

Has anyone experienced any retentive memory loss on recent Red Lion Kadet screens (G307 in particular)? The equipment in question has a G307K200...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a problem with the retentive property of the allocated memory. I'm using bits (BOOL) of some %MW allocated registers...
Replies
Views
I need to backup some %MWi varibales in an M340 program without stopping the PLC. Any ideas? Also what is the Save Variable attribute used for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need use retentive memory in a Rockwell Micrologix 1100 to save the value of some variables and the state of some counters when the power...
Replies
Views
Hello people. How do I make some memory area keep the values on a power outage. I'm using the set command on a coil, when I cycle power it goes...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom