Storing Zero Length String in ML1100

rizzyboy

I am new to string handling in the Micrologix 1100. I need to use an ST value (always six characters) as the trigger for an OPC recipe download. This is working okay, but I need to set the ST trigger value back to a zero length string. I haven't been successful yet in getting this to work. Anything that I have tried made it look empty but the .LEN is still at six. :confused: Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Go with OkiePC's suggestion. That is the only way to clear a string. If you make the string look empty, eg, filling it with any ascii value, you have a string of characters of that ascii value, not an empty string. Set Len to zero and you can ignore what ever is in the string memory, no need to clear them, its no longer a part of the actual string.

An extension of the string clear, whenever I have a UDT based variable or array I may need to clear I also create an empty or default value instance precisely for rapid clearing by using the COP command.