Panelview plus on DeviceNet

lba_eng

Hi, ive just inherited a project where we have a panelview plus ce screen talking to a contrologix plc over DeviceNet network. Ive worked out how to set it all up using Alias tags, but im stuck with the situation where my numeric entry values will be overwritten to default values each time I update program and reload back to the hmi.

Ive spent hours on the phone with Rockwell tech support, but all they could suggest is write a startup macro that sets a bit in plc that triggers plc code which backs up all numeric registers during screen startup then sends each back to screen which then rewrites each to numeric Alias tags (after they have been refreshed to defaults on startup).

Im no expert on this but it seems a pretty crazy workaround to get something that most other comms will do automatically.

Any advice or suggestions on better/easier ways to make my system work would be much appreciated,

thanks, leon

1) Don't use a PV+
2) Don't use a PV+ on DeviceNet (or probably RIO, this is a problem AB/Rockwell have had for many years, and won't or can't fix it). If possible, switch the comms over to Ethernet (or even serial, DF1).