RsLinx error again

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi friends. Just got my new laptop in with xp pro ser. pack 3 and I'm installing and testing all the drivers. I have a slc 5/05 and I'm trying to connect to it via rs232 to test my adapter.
SLC 5/05 channel 0 configured for rs232. 1746-L551
Adapter is a 9300-usbs rev 2. I had to get the driver for the adpter from ab wesite and istall it on the computer because I have lost the cd driver.
From the adapter I'm using the 1747-CP3.
The auto configure works fine on the other laptop
I get a message in rslinx "Failed to find baud and parity. Check switch and cable settings".
RsLinx rev. 2.56
Any help?

I have not used this device, so I am speculating, until someone more qualified jumps in.

Does the device show up in Device Manager?

What is the driver name and version assigned to it?

When you chose the device type in RSLinx driver config, did you choose "SLC-CH0/Micro/Panelview"?

Last edited:
Ok got it here auto configure sucessful. I had to dowload a driver from Ab. The 9300-usbs had a old plug and play driver loaded for the usb. I'm not sure how this can be becauuse I downloded it from ab but the new version is dated 12/1/2003 2.0.0.24 the old version is dated 3/29-2001 1.3.0.0
Tech note 31840

About the
servicepack I had acually called ab and was told that sevice pack 3 is ok. I will be on the phone with ab today to confirm that. and will look up pc requirements for rslogix 500, 5000 enterprise, rs linx. I'm just mad I didt do this before I bought the laptop.
I have not used this device, so I am speculating, until someone more qualified jumps in.
What do you use okie for slc's and micrologix?

Adam303 said:
About the service pack I had acually called ab and was told that sevice pack 3 is ok.

The only thing I know of for sure that won't work with SP3 is the 1747-PIC, but I have not used any of the USB adapters, so I thought I would mention it as a possible problem. This machine has SP3 and it didn't appear to break anything for me, but I have only used the serial port on this box for setting things up with a serial cable (no PIC or other converters).

Adam303 said:
What do you use okie for slc's and micrologix?

We have three laptops with real serial ports, PCMCIA slots and WinXP SP2.

We also have a 1747-PIC but I have never used it.

We bought a 1784-PCMK just before they stopped selling them, so now we have two of those, and cables for both the RJ45 and the 8-pin mini din to deal with DH+ and DH485.

Most of our SLCs are on ethernet (some through NET-ENI modules) however, and boy is that nice.

Most of our SLCs are on ethernet (some through NET-ENI modules) however, and boy is that nice.
Ican imagine.
The ony reason I use the adapter is for micrologix units.
Anyways thanks for your help!