opc client and excel

cdalston77

i am trying to populate cells with data from an opc client. when i insert the formula in the cell, =kepdde|channel_device!'tag', and hit enter excel locks up. it starts hour glassing and will sit there forever. i have talked with the kepware techs and they believe that it is a security issue between excel, windows, and kepware. i have all the setting in kepware set correctly. the tech had no problem on his machine running my example tags and them updating in excel. i hav just recently installed excel on the machine and it has no internet access as it is located on the plant floor.

Similar Topics

I am using a Excel OPC Client Application ,and everything is going well except I can only log to 100 vertical cells. I would like to use all...
Replies
Views
A
Is it possible to have a client (without iHistorian's Add-in and iHistorian installed on the thin client) getting live data into Excel worksheet...
Replies
Views
I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to connect kepServerEx v5 in parallel with RSLinx Classic lite but kepserver will not connect to the PLC if RSLinx is active...
Replies
Views
Hi! We have an existing RSView32 (project made by others). It is already configured as an OPC server. Is it possible for a CLX5380 or S71500 to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom