Emac software

GGH

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for this software, it's to configure servo drives.

This is their website: http://www.promessinc.com/support.cfm
EMAC stands for Electromechanical Axis Controller and is the servo controller made by Promess Inc. You will need to get the firmware revision and the serial number from the controller (should be a sticker on the controller - the black unit- not the servo amp) They will need these to determine which version of the software you will need to program it.

I have the software, I'm trying to change a position on the servo, but it dosn't work for me for some reason. any ideas

If you are online with the controller, oen the menu bar one of the selections after dropped down (cant remember which) will have a "Service " tab. Open SERVICE. On this screen you will see red or gray boxes next to different drive status bits. You have to toggle (double click) the ENABLE status box, and it should go to red (drive enabled). Then close these menus and click on the JOG softkey at the bottom of the software display. A window should pop up with jog speed selctions, etc. Check for any obstacles before jogging but at this point you should be able to click and hold JOG FWD/REV and the motor should jog.

here is my problem the servo is off by 1.5 degrees at the home position, i move the servo position by 1 degree and home it it takes the new position. but everytime it homes after the sequence it's off by 1 degree again, I'd like to put an offset for the home so I go to edit find the homing command and try to add the offset but it dosn't work either.

I see the soft stop key on the bottem right corner but don't want to touch it. i'll give it a try.

In order to offset your home position you need to go to menu SETUP, then AXIS SETUP. Click on the HOMING tab, this is where you set your home offset, otherwise the motor will look for the home prox, slow down then stop on the null/zero pulse in the same spot every time it homes. Also on this tab make sure that the algorithm is set to "find home switch and index point"