PLC5's can talk discrete over DH+ to a DH+ PV correct?

spaceacealpha

Someone installed a RIO PV and I'm wanting to replace it with a DH+ PV (the PLC5 has both ports). I'd rather talk discrete than block transfers plus the same installer made the blocks tiny so there is no room for expansion.

DH+ doesn't need any block transfers at all on Panelviews. The Panelview can directly read the PLC5 data tables. It might not be able to read the actual I: and O: tables directly though, I've forgotten that.

Someone installed a RIO PV and I'm wanting to replace it with a DH+ PV (the PLC5 has both ports). I'd rather talk discrete than block transfers plus the same installer made the blocks tiny so there is no room for expansion.

Keep in mind that while the DH+ PanleView can read the Satus on the Input and Output Tables, it isn't going to be able to write to them.

You will have to change the Addresses in PV to B or N and use them in the PLC Program in place of the Inputs and Outputs that you were using before.

Stu.....