recipes

randy

Supporting Member
We are presently using an AB SLC 500 with the 5/03 processor and PanelView 1000. This is used on a 5000lbs-food blender, with motorized choppers. We are primarily using timers and analog outputs to control the motor speeds. Each product has its own recipe with blender motor speeds and time variables.

In the passed we have depended on the operator to enter the correct value into the preset registers. These values are given to the operator on hard copy by the controller. Do to the many batch runs we have on daily bases sometimes the wrong values are entered. Is there away to set up the different recipes in the PLC and all the operator would have to do is enter the CORRECT part number through the HMI?

Thanks

It's not to hard to do unless you get into a lot of recipes. Just send over the recipe number and use indirect addressing to retrieve the correct recipe.
For example, recipe 1 starts at N10:0 - 9, recipe 2 at N10:10-19 and so on.

The panelview sends over a 1 in N7:0. First do a CPT N7:0 - 1 * 10, dest N7:1, use indirect addressing and a COP statement to move
N10[N7:1] to say N11:0, length of 10.
I don't know how many variables you have in each recipe so you will have to adjust yours accordingly. My example will allow you to store 25 recipes at 10 words apiece. If you need more you can allocate more files (N11, N12 and so on).

[email protected]

Lets say all of your variables the program uses are in an integer file N20. You could have the variables in Files N10-N19 and just have an HMI bit copy each file (recipe) to N20 as it is needed.

Mark you beat me to the punch...........

Another way of conceptualizing this is as a two dimensional array. Create as many integer files as you have variables (dimension one) and size them to accomodate the number of recipes you use (dimension two). Now the recipe number entered by the operator becomes the index into each variable file. As in:

MOV N10:[HMI_VAL] CHOPPER_ONE_SPEED
MOV N11:[HMI_VAL] CHOPPER_ONE_TIME_1

and so on. This would give you the possibility of 254 recipes, 255 if you take one off the entered value.

From here it would be easy to setup a string array containing the name of the product associated with each recipe. This could then be presented on the panelview as a verification that the correct recipe number has been entered.