DH+ to Ethernet bridge.

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So of my customers have a couple of DH+ Panelviews both standard and pluses. They want to start migration away from AB screens. So my HMI of choice is a G3. The Red Lion doesn't do CIP ethernet so I can't map thru a CLX bridge. Anybody have some ideas?
Cost is the main reason they re looking at moving away from the AB screens.

Maybe its late :confused: But are the DH+ paneviews talking to CLX racks ? And you want G3's to talk ethernet to them ?

DH+ to Ethernet gateway ?

Maybe its late :confused: But are the DH+ paneviews talking to CLX racks ? And you want G3's to talk ethernet to them ?

DH+ to Ethernet gateway ?

Sorry they are talking DH+ to PLC5, or SLC 5/04. I don't think the PLC5s have side cards on them. I don't really care if it is DH485 or Enet. Prefer Ethernet but you get what you get right. The distance on one of the jobs is going to kill me for DF1. Some have open serial ports some don't so I am thinging DH+ to Ethernet gateway.

I had a few 5/04's on DH+ and took data from them all over DH485 to a G3 connected to one of the 5/04's. Update time was slow ish compared to DH+ but worked very well.

Is it one screen to a plc and all networked together ? much data transfer on the network ?

Im sure someone here's used a DH+ to Ethernet gateway :)

Interesting read http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=19467

Last edited:
If the 5/04's have a spare serial port, configure for 485 and plug the G3 in if the distance is within spec ? or change the 5/04's to 5/05's ?