Micrologix 1100 to Excel

Alex Pel

Hello,
I need an urgent help with Micrologix 1100 (1763-L16BWA Ser. B FRN 9.0).
I spend two years to encourage my boss for equipment monitoring system. PLC will collect data from all our packaging equipment; MS Access will store data on the file server. I choose the cheapest AB PLC with Ethernet port. Finally we bought it. Now I have Ethernet link to RS Logix, I can see the PLC program, I can change data but it is only in RS Logix. I need that data in MS Excel at least. I did that before, on my previous job, with SLC 500 5/05 by means of RS Linx Professional DDE/OPC topic. Here with my laptop (Windows XP, RS Linx 2.4 Professional) I also check that on PLC-5. It works. So no doubt the problem in the Micrologix.
Please, any help will be highly appreciated.

Alex.

Rockwell has some Excel programs already made look at thier website. There should be a datalog file under the data files. How many points are you monitoring?

Micrologix Datalog file it is not what I need. My project has 4 Micrologix 1100 PLCs with 10 inputs each and I do not need any limitation in the future. I am going to log data on Access database for now. All I need to start, just get “=RSLINX|EMS!F8:0” Excel formula working. I have updated my RSLinx up to ver 2.57. Now I have data if Ethernet cable connected directly to the PLC, but nothing in the Excel through the switch? Ping 192.168.1.100 Ok though? And RSLinx data monitor Ok as well.

Yes I have setup the DDE link in the RSLinx professional. I found that link is kind of not stable. I tried it from different locations of corporate network. It works sometime, but most of the time not. Ping is stable from everywhere, same as on line in RSLinx.