Omron Cpm2a

AgAwAgA

Hello all

I need some basic answers because I feel I'm on a huge search and this is just the beginning.

I own a tin processing machine that is operated by an Omron cpm2a. Some events occured and now the display only shows "Setup not loaded. Download application" which made me thing the whole system deleted itself, and it should be programmed again. The machine owns few funcions, those are: pulling the metal sheet, pressing it, cutting it, and calculating the lenght of the metal sheet that has gone through the system.
How hard it is to program such operations? How much money would a programmer ask to program such machine? And where would you point me now in my search?

Welcome to the forum.

This sounds as if something has happened to your display screen. It does not sound like a Omron PLC problem.

Is the maker of the machine around? They could be of great help to you.

What is the model number of the unit displaying the error?

First of all, thank you for a warm welcome.

I'm very glad you guys know a lot about these things.
This is how it all started: Few days ago the touchscreen display started making problems, e.g. it wont press the right button, or you press somewhere and the reaction happens on a completely different part of the screen. Then yesterday it stopped working in a manner that it wouldn't recognize any pressed command. I opened the panel and switched the cable going to the display from COM 1 to COM 2. Same thing happened, then I put the cable back to COM 1 on the display. Again same thing. The curious thing is that there is a short message when you turn on the machine that asks "if you want to erase the system press bottom right corner", or something in such a manner. Some of the workers told me that message has been there for a while. It doesn't seem logical to me that you can erase the whole system by accident (e.g. pressing the right corner). Usually such operations require procedure.

P.S. The machine is quite expensive, which adds to my worries.
P.P.S. I wont be able to see the serial number till tomorrow, and I'm worried that the makers of the machine will charge me for making another program (even if maybe that is not the case), since I'm not under guarantee or anything.

I thank you for your help in advance

how much is the programmer , that question depends on your cuntry regular salary for elecricitians ofcourse you dont need someone from usa or canada to reprogram your machine, so , the only thing you can do , just get a new display and download it with the existing program.

Do you not do any maintenance of the machine yourselfs? If you do you should have a copy, And hopefully the latest revisions.

Do you have CX-Designer on any of your computers or any other omron display editors?