One Shot in Sucosoft 40

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
How the heck does one achieve the functionality of an allen bradly style one shot on a Moeller PS4-271 using Sucosoft 40?

For an old RSLogix hack (and APS before that) this standardized programming stuff seems about the most convoluted way to go about things possible.

I have a program that is a combination of LD and FB and wrote one user Function Block in ST. What a mess!!!!!!!!

I found a data type called BOOL R_EDGE but it doesn't seem to do what I want.

Any Help appreciated!!

My sympathy is extended in your time of need

If there is a PLC that I actually HATE, it would have to be a Moeller. The thing is they do have GOOD support here in the US, one or 2 of their main people are located here in Birmingham, AL. The guy that actually does the training in Atlanta is from here.

I have talked to Bruce Lewis a few times and he knows his stuff.
http://www.moeller.net/en/contact/a...ch.jsp&countryID=648&branchID=278&language=11

If he cant help then he can tell you WHO can.

For better or worse, the company I now work for is the Midwest Moeller distributor. So, unless spec'ed otherwise, we use Moller.

I'm one_shotting a pushbutton from an hmi so I'm just going to roll my own in this manner:

PB PRESSING ONE_SHOT
----] [--------]/[------------( )

ONE_SHOT PB PRESSING
----] [-----+--] [------------( )
|
PRESSING |
----] [-----+

Thanks rsdoran for the tech support reference.

I agree with you ron.Even Moeller PLC's ware the first I used ever(some time in the 80s).
I saw before few years machine which run with Moeller PLC.It amazing machine.It weight feathers in the air, yes you hear well im the air pretty accurate 20 time in mintute for 50g.
The programer told me that he can do it only with Moeller.
I saw PLCs in my life but this was unique application.

You can use BOOL R_EDGE but only as an input to a user defined function block. There is a function block that is called R_TRIG that will give you what you want. You give it a boolean input and you get a boolean output for the current cycle. You can use that output else where in your program.

Thanks Tom,

I had done some playing around this morning and found out both of those items.

I was driving a Function Block that I wrote to increment/decrement a value so I used BOOL R_EDGE on a strobe input to control the block.

The R_EDGE though, didn't seem to work the first time I generated a new program ??? :confused:

Oh, well, it's a good learning experience.