RSLogix Micro Starter Lite difficulties

David1986

Hi,

I use the free version RSLogix Micro Starter Lite to Program my SLC 5/03.
I though that this version can replace the RSLogix 500 Starter but it keeps saying " The Target Node is not a SLC 500 or MicroLogix Controller" when I try to connect. Strange!
I should say that every things is OK for RSLinx Classic Lite.

So is anyone who has a suggestion for that or know the Pblm.

Thank You.

I use the free version RSLogix Micro Starter Lite to Program my SLC 5/03.

RSLogix Micro only works with the Micrologix controllers (1000,1100,1200,1400,1500). Additionally, the Lite [free] version only works with the 1000 and 1100.

To program a SLC, at the very least you need the non-Micro version of RSLogix 500 Starter (~$600).

Thank you for reponse, but take a look about its msg " The Target Node is not a SLC 500 or MicroLogix Controller" So maybe it means that what I heard before about the availability of Programming SLC by this version is right. You see.

I understand your confusion, but the previous answers are correct.

That error message was not specifically modified to remove reference to the SLC controller family when the software was modified to support only the MicroLogix (RSLogix 500 Micro) or only the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 (RSLogix 500 Micro Lite).

In my opinion, the error message should read "The Target Node is not a SLC 500 or MicroLogix Controller that is supported by this software."

The error is also seen when any edition of RSLogix 500 software is used to attempt to connect to a controller that is newer than the software supports.

Good Morning,
Now I found the problem, it was in RSLinx configuration, and then when I came to connect the error msg was clear this time: " Cannot support this Processor". Now I understand you and the other answers.

anyway Thank you.