Testing PV+ Program with SLC Emulator

demmons

I was wondering if anyone here has used Allen Bradley's SLC Emulator to test a Factory Talk program. I want to check the addressing and debug as far as possible without filling my desk with PLC racks. My local rep seemed unsure as to whether this is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

I do this all the time, just set up a DDE topic in Linx and set up that topic in RSLinx Enterprise in your design tab. Run the PV+ app locally to test it.

I got it working using RSLinx Classic lite. Thanks for your help.

What is interesting is that Rockwell Tech Support told me it would not work with lite and that I would have to get a licensed version. :confused:

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a program I need to modify offline and test prior to commissioning. Its developed in Logix V30. I have no L8x controllers available...
Replies
Views
I have a BTEC assignment that requires me to answer the following question: Relating to PLC programming standards and/or commercial products...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of some kind of software I can test a RSLogix 5000 program I wrote before I download it into the processor
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I upgraded a machine a few weeks ago . To continue making improvements without shutting down the machine , I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm a college student and I'm currently working on my Siemens 1200 based palletizer machine project. It took me very long time to build and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom