Tester

Caveman

I'm currently building a Stat Cable Tester for molding, and was wandering if anyone else has done this.

It checks the ground wire.
It checks for pins shorted to ground
It checks for shorted to another pin
It checks for open
It checks for reversed

cables to check are:

6 Pin Mainfold
24 Pin Manifold Thermocouple
32 Pin Tip or Thermocouple

Micrologix 1200 L40-bxb, extra 16 input
and 16 Output.
Panelview 1000 C3

Thanks, Jeff K.

check the thermocouples for correct wire with a mV meter.
check the cables with low amps and high amps to be sure of good connection.
the sequence can be done with plc, however only if it are more as say 200, for less do it manual,
If in cabling business use a setup with relais so you can put anything on any wire and let the relais scan every wire apart.
Put a mV meter on the benchtop and press Go.