GPRS communication between cpu 314 and wincc

unclehamid

hi folks
we have a system controlled by cpu314c-2dp we use cp343(ethernet)as CP.I want to transfer data between site to a office (wincc monitoring and we use TCP IP)we are looking for a media to tranfer data between these 2 point some company offer us radio link but it needs a tall tower(extra cost) one of my friends told me about GPRS modem have you heard about GPRS modem compatible with Siemens S7?if any experience with GPRS communication please help me! by the way we have about 10 process tag and low trafic

some GPRS have a monthly fee basis that can justify the cost of your tower to make it works all the time

also you're stuck with the GPRS supplier if something happend

thanks Jeff23spl
it is one of our choices so I should make a report to my boss. but if owner can pay monthly fee I don't object!!!
and we have very low traffic(You are right)
let assume a few disconnection is acceptable
please tell me what diveces I need

about cost we need 3 towers (it is long way and some hills between)and we should pay around 20000$ but a mobile phone GPRS fee about 10$ (120$ in a year)
so GPRS is resonable but we are depend to company service.