Need help with omron plc addressing

sogwapome

hi guys, just new to plc and I'm trying to understand a program that a previous employee in the company did. when i looked at the I/O comment in cx one. there are addresses like A-bit, A-CH, IO-bit, IO-CH.

just wondering what is the difference between an A-bit and an A-CH, also with IO-bit, IO-CH and the others as well?

these came up when I was trying to understand how the analog inputs work. they used MAD-42. had a lot of experience in digital signals but not with analog. just a little confused because it used 2000.00 and 2000.01 in the IO-bit but 2001 and 2002 in the IO-CH

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.:)

First off, what exact Omron PLC are you using. If you could Post your CXP Program File (Zip it first) we could see exactly what you are talking about.

In general, Omron Analog Cards use IR/CIO Addresses for the Input and Output Real Time Data, and D/DM Addresses for Configuration/Status. I am guessing these are Labels the Programmer elected to use, rather than Omron Standard Addresses.

Stu.....

hi guys, just new to plc and I'm trying to understand a program that a previous employee in the company did. when i looked at the I/O comment in cx one. there are addresses like A-bit, A-CH, IO-bit, IO-CH.

just wondering what is the difference between an A-bit and an A-CH, also with IO-bit, IO-CH and the others as well?

these came up when I was trying to understand how the analog inputs work. they used MAD-42. had a lot of experience in digital signals but not with analog. just a little confused because it used 2000.00 and 2000.01 in the IO-bit but 2001 and 2002 in the IO-CH

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.:)
To make it simple, a channel is the same as a word of bits.
I/O channels are not necessarily for physical I/Os, actually only few of them are such. Some of the others are dedicated for specific use, e.g. reserved as special modules data areas. The rest may be used as work memory.