Help needed: Hitachi EM3 (CPM-E3) - RTC in Ladder?

watts

Hi, me again. i made my EM3 working. cheers cheers! (y) lol.

Now i have another question (CPU is CPM-E3) ->
How could i use specific RealTimeClock data (Day-in-week number, hour, minute) in ladder? when there's specific time (lets say, 6.00AM in wednesday) so it fires up output?
if thats possibile (but if its not, why is RTC there then?)

Thanks for ideas/solutions
watts

Hi, me again. i made my EM3 working. cheers cheers! (y) lol.

Now i have another question (CPU is CPM-E3) ->
How could i use specific RealTimeClock data (Day-in-week number, hour, minute) in ladder? when there's specific time (lets say, 6.00AM in wednesday) so it fires up output?
if thats possibile (but if its not, why is RTC there then?)

Thanks for ideas/solutions
watts

I have a couple of cpm E3's and the original programming manuals. I will check after the weekend - I am on holiday - and try to post an answer. Be aware those Hitachis are getting old!!!

Markie, thx for fast reply
The reason i have them is yes, because they ARE OLD so i got 'em for free (And unfortunately without any manuals)
I googled a lot and found brochure and EM2 manual (which is identical to EM3 since its only processor difference) and setted it up running.
i just hoped on help of somebody who already tried to implement RTC in LadderLogic :)
(if current time and day-in-week is (lets say) 13:00 , 4 (1PM, wednesday) ---> do smth)

So, thanks for stopping by, read you later after holidays and thanks a lot :)

No problem - there are some programming examples, so hopefully RTC is one of them!!

Mark

PS - I am using "Actwin" to program, but still have one cpm E2 so use the hand held programmer!!!

i use actwin too, used actsip but sent it into 3 [mega censored] lol
i dont have any programmers, but hope to get the operational pannel soon :)

read you, cheers!

man, 1 big THANK YOU to you, i think first 2 PDFs did all i needed, the day-in-week, the hours and minutes check.

man, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you've made my day. I'm just going to test it.

thank you, thank you and once again, THANK YOU :)

Okay oops. now i'm back trying to get it out. how do i put this in ladder as if, if not -s?
as func or arithmetic function it doesnt work in actwin, neither as input (or "or not" input)... seems i really need PGM to get this done ^^