how do i run a rsview32 project off a laptop?

stu

hi
i have made changes to a project in rsview32 but i would like to try it before i put it on the hmi, is there a way to run it off a laptop? i am using ethernet connection?
thanks stu

Have you setup your channel and node for controller that the project is pointed to? Once those are set, on the Project Manager [I think that's what it's called and it is the first window that pops up when you start works and open your project] click on the run tab and at the bottom click run program.
For setting the channel and node see help files.
Hope this helps

You can run it under the right hand side of the developmental screen. I think is says run project. make sure you have a way to stop the project. I leave the diable CTRL ALT P box unchecked.

I can't get the data from the plc on the project, when I am testing via the laptop
Can anyone give me any help and exsamples?

Stu are you in Works or Runtime? I am going to ASSuME you are in Works.
Open the project. Under the Edit Mode tab in the project box double click the System folder. then click Node. You should see the name ,data source, Device, channel, station or server (if ethernet you will see the IP address), Timeout, OPC server,.

Make sure you are using a communication method that you have on you PC. Example if you are using DH+ make sure you have a DH+ path to use on your PC. If you are using a OPC angain make sure you are using a good path. If you are using RSLinx as an OPC Server make sure that path is valid.

if you can post copyof the project I might be able to help you with the comm. setup.

Stu,

If you are running a dde server to collect the data, you must have RSLinx professional on the lap top.

Also, goto the pc running the actual application, back up the rslinx config onto a jump drive and copy it to your laptop.
backup your laptop config first, then restore the runtime pc confile onto your laptop.

i run my application just fine on the laptop.

regards,
james