Modicon TSX Premium addressing

tomhelliwell

Hi all, I have 2 Modicon TSX premiums on the same ethernet network. I am wanting to read and write data from one PLC to another. The reason for this is that one of the PLC's has a profibus card. I have read the manuals and they point to using the ADDR FB but i dont think I have the correct syntax.

10.11.50.101 (PLC1 without profibus)
10.11.50.103 (PLC2 with profibus)

i want to read PLC2's address %IW0.6.0.4 in PLC1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

(PS using Unity PRO XL)

I would recommend IOScanner if it is available on your network interface. You can do it with code, but it will be harder. However, you have more control in code so it's really an application requirement.

If IOScanner is available, you will have to map the %IW you are looking to expose over ethernet to a more general memory location - like a regular %MW with a copy command.