FactoryTalk Studio Parameter Files

DBLD99

I have been trying to get Studio ME Station to run on a VMWorkstation. All the screens work accept for the popup screens where I use parameter files on them. It is running XP in VMware on a Windows 7 machine. I have also tried use XP mode on 7 with the exact same problem. Alarms work, Direct tags work, just not parameter files. Of course AB won't talk to me since it is not supported. With it being so hard to order PC's with XP anymore not sure what to do with it. Any idea's.

Thanks

Your best bet would be to post the .apa file, that way we can have a look and see what is going wrong.

I have FTME in a VM and don't have any problems like your describing.

I know I programmed the screen right because the project is running fine on another computer running XP and a panelview plus 1000. So I know the project is fine - it just wont work on a vmware or xp mode system on windows 7.

Well, I only run FactoryTalk in a VMware VM running XP (Win 7 host) and have no issues with parameter files.

Perhaps you can explain what you are doing, and then what isn't working and maybe we can see what is happening. This below doesn't tell me what you are doing or what results you are seeing.

"All the screens work accept for the popup screens where I use parameter files on them"

Better still, VMware allows you to record a movie. Record the movie and post that.

OG

Last edited: