S7-300 Motion Control - SFB 46

jm.shafi

Anybody tried motion control in S7-300 PLC with System Function Block SFB46? Please give me some idea about this block as well as some user guide if you can. I never have done any motion control ever before. Please give some guidence to use this block.

Anybody tried motion control in S7-300 PLC with System Function Block SFB46? Please give me some idea about this block as well as some user guide if you can. I never have done any motion control ever before. Please give some guidence to use this block.

Hello jm.shafi;
You can download sample program blocks for Technological Functions for the Compact CPUs (including SFB 46, Digital Positionning module) from the following link:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/9837059
You can use that as a basis for your own program. Note that SFB 46 can only be used with CPU 314C-2xx, as you can see from this manual on the Technological Functions (Chapter 4, Positionning with digital outputs):
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/12429336
This chapter will also discuss the different positionning schmes you can setup with SFB 46.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier