RediPanel 2705 problem

brokenbot

We recently sent out a couple RediPanels back to Rockwell to get the displays and keypads replaced. We have four panels that we use all the time that work great, just their keys were getting worn out and displays dimming. When we got two of them back from Rockwell we reinstalled them and one worked just like it did and the other...has issues.

We called back to Rockwell and found out that they replaced the logic module in it as well because it failed one of their tests. It worked fine before we sent it in, but whatever. Anyways, doing so wiped the messages that were stored on it that would display when the PLC called for it.

I have been struggling trying to restore these messages. Even went as far as buying a surplus 2705-ND1 adapter and software. It seems to load okay (no errors) but then when I call up a message it says "NO MESSAGE" everywhere it should have one.

Any advice? We don't want to replace it with a newer device because this is an aging process that isn't going to be in service for much longer.

Thanks!