InTouch Alarms

pitons2

Hello!
The problem is with script execution order in InTouch. In InTouch I receive bool tag from AB PLC that indicate if device is in error state or not. Also I receive integer tag, that holds error code. The bool tag calls an alarm in InTouch in case it changes from 0 to 1. If it does - I use script to write an error code in the alarm message Tag1.AlarmUserDefNum1=ErrorCode; and also write in the error description in alarm message Tag1.AlarmUserDefStr=ErrorDescription from SQL database for specified error code and device. The problem is, that my script executes on DataChange or Condition for Tag1. But when it does - alarm message is already processed and the values I set in my script is showed in alarm message only on next alarm. Is there somebody, who can help me to solve this issue? To duplicate tags and to call a duplicated tag after script execution is a bad option. It doubles the tag count in InTouch.

Thank you very much!

Read from the lower level & write from the higher level. Your posting is confusing. Signal high level, respond & write low level on parameters.

PdP, thank you for your reply. Could you please explain how to "Read from the lower level & write from the higher level"? Mabe my english is not good enaugh to explain what I need to solve!
Ok, I'll try one more time. I have AlarmViewerCtrl. When PLC finds some issue in hardware system it send's to the operator computer signal Device1(bool), that some specific device in system has error. PLC also send a signal ErrorCode1(integer) to operator computer, that specify, what exactly is wrong with this device. InDevice1 is a tag in InTouch that have an alarm if it is in On state. InDevice1 is connected to Device1. When Device1=1 alarm message appears in AlarmViewerCtrl. But to explain operator what exactly is the problem, I have to add ErrorCode1 in this message. I can add it using script InDevice1.AlarmUserDefNum1=InErrorCode1. How to organize that script execution is in higher level and AlarmViewerCtrl processing is in lower level?

From what I understand, you get a signal from an AB processor into InTouch signalling a fault condition. Your scripting has been done in InTouch using the standard DC or C scripting interface in InTouch. Your message display comes from a SQL database, which is an RDB and called on the status of your script result. Is this correct?

Scripting is done in standard InTouch environment (DataChange condition). But the question is not about database, the question is about inserting ANY data in AlarmViewerCtrl. When new record appears in this control, how, for example, to insert a $Second value in the User1 field, that it would be the same as the second in the Time field in the same record?