Siemens 315-2DP MPI DP connection

drip

Hi, I have a Siemens 315-2DP CPU and would like to test some code that needs to be sent out to a printer by serial. Is there any way to connect the CPU directly up to the printer to communicate with the printer to send some printing codes? If so how? Thanks!

You cannot use the MPI port to connect directly to the printer.

You can add a CP340 module to the S7-300 rack, or if you use ET200S on the DP port, you can add a 1SI module. Both CP340 and 1SI can send ASCII codes via serial.

Similar Topics

I'll preface this by saying this is the first time I've worked on a Siemens system and I'm fairly unfamiliar with them. I might mess up some of...
Replies
Views
Hi We were having a few power cuts and the CPU would not work. I had to reset the memory and he CPU would read from the memory card and start...
Replies
Views
Dear Sirs, I had a problem with CP 343-1 with CPU315-2DP.I had newly add the CP343-1 Ethernet module to the hardware to allow me to access this...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts I have a little problem in dealing with addresses. I am using a profibus absolute encoder Hengstler make. This encoder is spec2:64...
Replies
Views
Hi All, One of our clients wants to replace some obsolete VFD's on their plant. There are two S7-315-2DP plc's and drives are connected via...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom