Siemens 115H CPU 942

wmalsmadi

I need a help to run Siemens 115H CPU 942 .I found the CPU stop , I tried to load the CPU with latest backup in the PG ,The CPU remains in stop mode.
I suspected the CPU is faulty as during the download was rejecting the system FC's(FC240 ... FC253).
I replaced the CPU by new one but we found this one also not having the system FC's which I think should be available by default .

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks Jobbe for your reply
I'll post it by tomorrow morning.
Could you please just tell me what you are expecting?.

I don't have a PC nearby with the STEP5 software but there should be a menu ISTACK and BSTACK somewhere under one of the menu's. I believe the third or fourth from the left. If you could just post a screenshot from the different pages.

If it all worked before you'll probably have a broken component or a bad connection somewhere.

I know the Istack and Bstack and I spent all the day to analyse the errors there.
Actually Istack only has errors.
I need to ask about FB240 ... Fb253,i found these blocks are available in PG and not in CPU,what is the functionality of these block and is it available by default in cpu?.

Cannot help you with the 115H trouble, but I asked Google to find the manual for you. Lots of good reading here:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1086946
đź“š
Kalle

By the way; the FBs you're asking about are probably the common ones for coummunication SYNCRON, SEND, RECEIVE, CONTROL, FETCH, SEND-A, RECV-A, and mathematics MUL16 + DIV16 and converters BCD<>DEC .... and ANAIN + ANAOUT.

Last edited:
I can't find a good reason for your problem in the stacks. It does not look like an I/O problem or something with your code. I wouldn't worry to much about your FC240...FC253. If these blocks are not ready in the PLC your I-STACK would show this. Are both your CPU's in the STOP mode?