Need programming manual for MicroGem

nosttamluap

Greetings, All

I'm looking for a manual for a MicroGem Controller on a GEC Industrial Controls Ltd. Kidsgrove England PLC.
I have a copy of the hand written code, but without a manual I don't know what some of the ladder logic is doing.
We have translated most of the logic, but can only guess at the other logic with out a manual.
Contacting GEC Industrial Controls Ltd has been a wast of time.

Thanks, in advance

Paul @ DCMC

IMG_0538.jpg

I used to work with these little beauties!

Hand written code was the only way of saving a copy of the program which was entered one instructtion at a time with a hand neld programmer.

Can you scan your copy of the logic and post as a pdf?

Alas, I have long since chucked out my manuals but you never know, my memory might be jogged.

Here is a pdf of the code

Greetings, Burnerman

The pdf was too big to upload on this great web forum.
But you can get it from mailbigfile.com use the following link. http://mbf.me/K5u8
My questions are the following:
Rung 2: What makes a W coil different from a G coil?
Rung 3: What would W37 do?
Rung 20: What would W00 do?
Rung 21: W00 starts a break command <B> does the code inside a <B> to the <EOB> stay ON if enabled or does all the code inside the break turn off?
Rung 26: Why would they use W01, W02, W04 & W08 instead of G01, G02, G04 & G08?

As you can see I just need a better idea of the W coils do.
I have got all the code working with a replacment PLC but the code with W coils is still in question.

Thanks in advance

Paul @ DCMC

microgem

Came across this thread searching for information myself about the microgem 60

I am not a user, but do have some info which may help.
The W relays are internal relays battery maintained
The G relays are internal relays which are non-retentive, and are cleared to zero on power-up
Can't help on w37 or w00

G38 is set on powerup if the W table is corrupted say with flat battery G39 is set if battery is low

Hope that helps

Not sure if you still need

Hi, I stumbled across this post while looking for a manual myself then realised that I have an original manual:oops: After a bit of digging in the workshop, I now have said manual if you want a copy, let me know. I realise that its been a while since the originl post but you never know:):)