rsview me

camelpipe

Hi all, very new to plc and panel view programming but wounder if any body can help.
I have a panelview plus 700 connected to a micrologix 1100 via ethernet. Simple program in plc using rslogix 500 and rsview me software.
I would like to know what type of push button to be used on the panelview to start a output and latch it on, but to unlatch it if a safety switch is opened and then closed, or do i need to chage the plc code to unlatch the push button if how do i do this.
Thanks for your time.

I don't know if it matters to you or not, but maintained (latching) HMI pushbuttons often end up causing troubles down the road. One big one, is that if multiple HMI's are used, usually the state is not updated among all of the HMI's.

For this reason, many developers of HMI applications use only momentary pushbuttons, and forcibly release them in the PLC after processing them.