help with plc program of cj1m

sogwapome

we have created a control system for an injection molding machine and we are going to use it for two identical machines. we used cj1m cpu22, 2 digital input module, 2 digital output modules, 1 analog input/output(mad42), two temperature controllers(tc002). we uploaded the program on the plc and also on the monitor using cx designer. same wiring, same setup on both machines, same program. one machine works fine. but the other one doesnt have any output on the analog. or the data set on the monitor screen is not being recognized by the mad42. im not sure, but I cant figure this out. since everything is all the same on both machines. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Did you transfer the PLC IO table to the second PLC?
Are the rotary selector switches on the front of the MAD24 set for the correct Unit Number?

yup we transferred all the data contained in the plc program. and rotary switch on mad42 are both set to zero. ill try to double check the plc io table later.

unfortunately I havent had any chance to compare both machines. the other machine is running and the production team refused to stop the machine.

just a question, we are not the one who transferred the program to the first machine. what we did on the second one was to download the program from cx programmer to the plc and download the program from cx designer to the NT device. do we need to transfer also the routing table/datalink table to the plc using cx integrator?

As the first machine is running fine, the simplest method would be to run a Backup to CF Card on the first machine. This can be done while the machine is running. Once complete, move the CF card to the new machine and run Automatic Transfer at Startup.

See attached procedure.
I don't know whether a similar method can be used for the NT screens. With the NS screens it is possible to copy programs from one screen to another.

sogwapome, looks like the person who uploaded the program from first machine may not have uploaded the settings and data memory (D) area from the running PLC. While downloading, you need to download settings as well as data memory to the other PLC especially if the original uploader has not uploaded the I/O table with data of special I/O units like analog I/O unit.
Hope this helps.

SVN

thanks bits n bytes.:nodi:

Question:-
Did you use the CF card copy procedure I posted to get your new machine to work?

Another very useful method to copy from PLC to PLC is the backup utility in CX Programmer.
"Tools" -> "PLC Backup Tool".
Run a complete backup of the PLC you wish to copy from.
Then restore the backup to the new PLC.