In need of Ladder logic training

mdprice55

Hello all,

Sorry for being long-winded, but here goes:

I am an Electrical tech for an OEM of conveyor control systems. I mainly build control panels and wire industrial equipment. Allen Bradley/Rockwell is about 99% of what we use. I am currently taking the RSTrainer series of modules provided by my employer. I also have access to RSLogix 500, 5000 as well as Linx, Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition, etc and I have several PLC set-ups at our shop to train on. And, hundreds of programs in our database to use as reference. I also work under three great Engineers who really know their stuff, all of whom want to see me get good at this stuff so I can take some of their service and commisioning workload.

What I am looking for is a great resource for learning Ladder logic programming. I need some good theory and fundamentals training. I currently have the SLC500 instruction set and another book that explains the instructions. I understand the basics...latching, flip-flops, simple circuits.

Hope I haven't been too long-winded here...

All help would be immensly appreciated.

I checked out your site Ron. The training you offer looks like what I am in need of. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be in touch soon.

Greetings mdprice55 ...

I prefer not to conduct "business" on the forum – but I need to say that if you're interested in getting this done sometime this year, we really need to talk soon ... I only have one or two time slots still available before the end of the year ...

since I'm teaching this week (and next week too) we'll have to talk "after hours" ... anything after 6:00pm Eastern time would work for me ... suggestion: it might be best to have one of your engineers phone me – so that we can nail down exactly what course would be the best fit for what they want you to learn ...

I look forward to hearing from you soon ...