Series 90 Communication

maverick7471

I have a GE Fanuc series 90(IC693UDR005RP1) in a machine bought at auction. I have versa pro and comm cable on latop running XP Pro and a real serial port. The problem is I can communicate with the PLC via the programming port if I wipe the PLC clean but if the program is downloaded I can only communicate via port 1 for the first session. If I shut down and disconnect and try to go online the next day I get a timeout but am still able to go online via port 2 but this will not allow edits. The original machine builder tells me there is no password. What is causing the communications to disappear from port 1?

It is one of two things:
1. There is a different configuration in Flash that is loading on power up.
2. The hardware configuration is different than the default but VersaPro is using the default parameters for the Serial Port when you start it up.
BTW, VersaPro is nearly as old as the hardware that you have there, the new Proficy HMI works fine with that Micro PLC once updated to the latest firmware version. If you need the software for only the Series90 Micro or VersaMax Micro, it costs under $200 in the US.

Last edited: