PC RS 232 low cost interface board ?

Jeff23spl

Hello

I would like to find a cheap way to collect data with a computer...

I need to read a load cell (Maybe with a 0-5v amplifier) and a 5khz pulse(RPM) only and transfert these data to a laptop

It's for an home made motor dynamometer.

I have look to do it with a S7-200 plc, input cards and load cell amplifier but i also need the PPI adapter etc and at the end the total cost is a bit overbudjet...The new 1200 with it's built in ethernet could be better but i see others doing it with just a cheap pc interface...

Hello

I would like to find a cheap way to collect data with a computer...

I need to read a load cell (Maybe with a 0-5v amplifier) and a 5khz pulse(RPM) only and transfert these data to a laptop

It's for an home made motor dynamometer.

I have look to do it with a S7-200 plc, input cards and load cell amplifier but i also need the PPI adapter etc and at the end the total cost is a bit overbudjet...The new 1200 with it's built in ethernet could be better but i see others doing it with just a cheap pc interface...

I would think that an HSC for the pulse would be more expensive than the A/D...

Anyway, you'll need the load cell amplifier regardless unless you find a board that can read a mV signal. If you really want a PLC, I'd try Automation Direct... I don't think anybody will sell you cheaper PLC systems.

But as has been said, if it's just data collection then try a search on "board level IO" and see what NI and Computer Boards has. Both have probably got USB IO that will do this, or better yet boards that go directly into the PC backplane.

Maybe you should define "cheap".

it's personal projet so i'm looking for a setup for few undred bucks

i already have the load cell and the photocell and wheel pluged to an analog device that it's not accurate and where i can't log anything.