Rockwell Software Windows 7 Support

Greg Dake

Does anyone have an idea when Rockwell will officially support Windows 7 for it's core software platforms? (RSLogix, FTView Studio, etc...)

I'm not looking for "I'm running Windows 7 and have no problems", I'm looking if anyone knows when Rockwell will oficially support Windows 7.

TIA,

Greg

Our distributor was in today and mentioned that Rockwell does currently support Windows 7 for the latest release of the core software.

There should be a compatibility matrix on the Knowledgebase.

FactoryTalk View will be supported in version 6.0 due to release at the end of November 2010. 32-bit only initially.

RSLinx, RSLogix 500 and 5000 latest versions are currently supported.

OG

All of that software works in Win7(64 or 32 bit) XP mode....AOK no problem whatsoever(I user it everyday). All of it also runs under a Windows virtual machine on top of Linux(VMWare and the like). BTW, IPX/SPX also works in XP mode if you've got things that use it (e.g. AutomationDirect PLCs).