1769-L35E LEd status

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I have a 1769L35E processor that went bad on us, the controller had CF card with the firmware set up and the program. The download went fine but it can’t communicate with the panelview. The LED indicators are as follows
MS- Flashing Green
NS- OFF
LNK- Solid Green
The manual states that the controller does not have a IP address, but wouldn't the IP address be downloaded when I originally did the download via CF card?

Thanks for your help

Hi Adam,

I am not 100% positive but I think the I/P settings stay in the CPU... I have noticed that even if you flash the CPU's it will keep the old I/P settings

But you can set them up in RSLinx very easy, just use a CP3 cable

Right I got thrown off because I did not see a request in bootp. But when I opened rslix I was able to set the I/p address. Thanks for your help

Now that I have the IP address set I wanted to connect to the processor via ethernet I/P but rslinx cant find the processor. I wated to ask what to select in this winodow as it pops up in the configuration in rslinx?

untitled.jpg

I have tried all three subnets 225.225.224.0 and rslix still can’t see the processor.

o_OYou mean the "Ethernet Devices" in rslinx? I have tried and Rslinx can see the work station but the controller comes back as unrecognized device

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the current version of rslinx is but mine is 2.56
I tried 255.255.255.0 I get the same results

Last edited:
Take a step back. A deep breath. A nice cup of tea.

Verify basic IP connectivity to the controller by first using a Command prompt to PING the controller. After it responds to PING, type "ARP -A" and look for the IP address in the list of devices returned. It should correspond with a MAC address that begins with 00:00:BC; that's an A-B device.

Next, point your web browser at the CompactLogix to see if you can read embedded web pages.

If both of those work, we can troubleshoot RSLinx.

The Ethernet Devices driver uses direct TCP rather than using a broadcast during browsing so it can't be foiled by firewalls or routers.

If you get only a yellow question mark and no red X (it takes about 5-10 seconds for the red X to show up) then the problem is just an EDS file registration. You need to download and install the EDS files for all the CompactLogix components; the Ethernet interface, the controller, and the backplane. I'd be very surprised if they weren't included for everything up to v18 when you installed RSLinx Classic 2.56, but there's a lot of things I haven't seen.

Ken I'm embarrassed to say this but I have never PING a controller in Command prompt. I guess there is a first time for everything, could you please lead me step by step. I have the command prompt opened

You've got the correct syntax.

To open a Command Prompt in Windows, I usually click Start ->Run and enter "CMD" in the field, then hit Enter to launch the CMD.EXE window.

Within the Command prompt window, the PING command is "PING 192.168.0.10" and hit Enter. The default is to PING 4 times at 1 second intervals.

There are other syntax options to change the size or timeout, but ordinary PING is the most common command with just a host name or an IP address as the argument.

When you type "ARP -A" and hit enter, that displays the Address Resolution Protocol list; it should show any IP address that you've connected to recently along with the MAC ID (the hardware Ethernet address) of each device. I use that in conjunction with PING to verify that I'm Pinging an A-B device because every vendor has a characteristic MAC ID range. A-B's range is 00:00:BC:xx:yy:zz.