Anyone know what these S5 blocks do?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm converting an S5 PLC 115U 942B to S7.

In the block listing there are a few strangely named blocks and I wondered if anyone knows what they are. I've looked in the 115U manual and can't find any reference to them

As well as the usual PB's, FB's and OB's there are a number of other blocks and I'm unsure what their function (if any) is.

They are:

FV
DV
PC
FC
OC
DC
#PBDO.098

Anyone any ideas what these blocks do (if anything).
Many thanks for any help you can give me.

;-)

I only have worked with German versions of Step 5 and there the codes are different, but I guess these are the network titles and comments for the blocks.

FV and FC belong to the equivalent FB
DV and DC belong to the equivalent DB
PC belongs to an equivalent PB
OC belongs to an equivalent OB
#PBDO.098 is the extended comment block for PB98

Some things are sure: you better don't delete these blocks and you also better don't change them. If you change comments in the blocks (PB, FB, DB and so on) these blocks will be changed also. If you change in these comment blocks, the comments might end up with the wrong networks.

If you're converting from S5 to S7 these blocks will be processed without you referring to them manually.

Kind regards,