Quickest Implementation of a Control Software

kenjohn

Comments wanted/appreciated on ideas for quickest implementation of a Control Software (with HMI/Touchscreen compatibility) available.

What do you mean by 'quickest implementation' ? Do you mean the fastest software to learn and write software with or the hardware that's easiest to use and install or something completely different ?

???

What's your favourite football team ?

I'm afraid the answer is very much depending on what you are used to programming / working with.

I prefer Siemens software but its only because that is what I'm most comfortable with. I have used AB before and, once I'd got over the initial learning curve, found that to be superb.

All the major players hardware is simple enough to install depending on how complex your software needs to be (i.e. are you using analogue or just digital IO, do you need to use any 'special' modules for servo motors, stepper motors etc etc).

If you are going to do this job yourself and want to know which system to plump for I would go for the one that has the most robust support network in your area and then just work from there....

;-)

I used to work with a graphical programming software that was very easy to use and not a long learning curve called Paragon 550 but it didn't survive.

I am wondering about Think & Do Software.

"What's your favourite football team"???

Hi Ken

I prefer Siemens myself but I've not heard of 'Think and Do' so I can't comment.

Perhaps other people would be better suited to chip in with regards to that software.

Good luck with it.

;-)

There's sooooo very much more to it than what's the "quickest"...

Do you already have experience with a particular product?
Does your plant already have an installed base?
What kind of local support do you have for that product?
What is the scope of your project?
What other technologies might you need to interface with? (e.g., scales, alarm systems, printers, pagers, etc...)

"Cheapest" and "Easiest" is rarely "Best"

C) All of the above.

Like OZEE said, it depends on your experience. Of course, you also have to the fit with the application in mind. Different HMI platform have different strength.

The only one of those that I would even remotely consider is Ignition. None of the others even make my list...

Thanks - Peter

Actually a small application (not controlling a plant of some sort).

Not that complicated...

16 Digital USB I/O
a little bit of control logic
Some communication over Ethernet Modbus TCP with another controller
HMI (PC Monitor Touchscreen)

KJ

RussB - Excuse Me... I thought these forums were for help!

EXPERT - "has-been drip under pressure"
Help is what you get when you hire the "Right" people.
When you must have it done FAST and RIGHT it will not be CHEAP.
BTW, I learned this here, thank you.

Hi kenjohn!

Did you look at codesys at http://www.3s-software.com ?
You can prog in CFC
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
- it almost progs itself.

Lots of controller+++ providers in the Automation Alliance - follow link from 3s -site.

Example PLC+HMI combined:

EATON
http://www.microinnovation.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-4/5_view-2/

SABO
http://www.sabo.de/deutsch/index_d.html

I have just played with the EATON XV100 (3,5" touch color) with Siemens ET200S Profibus IO connected. The little unit had also Ethernet, RS232 and USB interfaces on it.

Kalle