RJ3iB SRVO-021 error

unsunghippie

Hello All,

Have 2 RJ3ib connected to 2 R-2000ia's.

I'm attempting to get the extended axes working. Servo amplifier module A068-6114-H207. These originally ran something else, and did work at one time.

I have setup group 2 through a controlled start as axis 7, type 27 (no robot), 3000i alpha 8, amplifier 2. After clearing the pulse alarms of initial connection, and shift-reset, I recieve a SRVO-021 SRDY off Group 2 axis 1. If I remove the axis via controlled start the problem goes away, and the system is alarm free. And the bot is free to move.

If I take the same motor to the other controller, (totally seperate with its own add on servo amp) and add group 2 axis 1 the same way, I get the same error.

Watching the axis control card on a shift reset, the rdy light comes on for about 1 sec., and I can measure 300VDC at the top of the servo amp for this 1 sec. The servo amp display just shows a "-".

I have confirmed wiring:

COP10A main axis to COP10B extended axis
CSX2A main axis to CXA2B extended axis
JX5 has jumper 4->11

I have attempted what I can out of the RJ3ib manual, short of replacing parts as suggested because I have the other controller.

Which leads me to:

Could the motor be the problem? Short or something?

Am I setting up the axis wrong?

Could there be an external signal just shutting down group 2?
Where to look for it?

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.