Help! S7 CP 343-1 IP address

sergiu

Need to change, via Ethernet, the IP address for a CP 343-1 S7-1EX11-0XE0 installed in slot 4 of a rack with a CPU 318-2 S7-2AJ00-0AB0.
Requirements for Downloading (Siemens manual):
To download firmware, you require an Industrial Ethernet CP module in the
PG/PC (for example, CP 1613) or a normal Ethernet module with the “Softnet”software package.The S7-ONLINE interface must be set to the “ISO - Industrial Ethernet”protocol. It is not possible to download using TCP/IP (and therefore not to other networks).
But when I try to set the PG/PC interface I can't install the CP1613 module
(the install button is shaded). Just to make things worse, now I am getting an error message that reads something like:
"Assign Profibus interface parameters to S7ONLINE access point"
Some clues anybody? Maybe a different way to do it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

You should only install the driver for CP1613 if you really have a CP1613.
I am guessing you just have the regular ethernet port that is integral in your laptop.
I think you will be OK if you simply choose S7ONLINE = ISO Ind. ethernet --> (your ethernet card).

edit: If your STEP7 is relatively recent, then you dont need to install softnet. The required functionality is already part of STEP7.

Last edited:
Well, thank you JesperMP, this makes sense: no CP 1613 card, what good
is the driver for it going to do?
And thank you Madman, was able to the IP address.
Still have a problem were I can't get the PROFIBUS up and have the SF light on and the BUS2F flashing. There are some 611U drives that the motors are bad, therefore the power to the drives is off. Would this be a good enough reason to shut down the whole net?

If the last profibus device in the daisychained profibus cable is powered off, it can cause a BF because the power to the active bus termination is then also off.
Remedies are: Install an active bus terminator in the end of the daisychain, or switch the bus termination ON in the last active profibus device in the daisychain.

Apart from that, in case of SF or BF, always investigate the hardware diagnostics and/or diagnostics buffer with STEP7.

Thank you.
Should I delete the nodes with no power on from HW config in order to eliminate faults in the PROFIBUS?

If you have nodes that are there but not always on you can use SFC12 to enable and disable the nodes in logic, this would remove the error lights.