Step7 error.

G
Hello.

I have an C7635 OP, and when I try to set it to Run I get this error msg.

Event ID: 16# 2523
Global DB,word access, Access address:232
OB number 121
Priority class:27
internal error, Incoming event

I've to reset the PLC and load a new hardware configuration in to the PLC and the same thing happens.So could you please tell me what is the problem, and how to fix it.

Thank you.

Hi guest ,

your program is referencing an adress that does not exist (DB232).

You can do several things:

1. Find out where the adress is used, and correct it if is is just a typo.

or:
2. Create the missing DB232, if the adressing was correct.

and/or:
3. Create an OB121 error handling program. This will allow the main program to continue to run, but will not correct the problem that the fault points to.

OB121 is the error handling OB for programming errors, meaning that you have to debug your program. From the other info I gather you are trying to read/write to a non existing dataword 232 (dbw232). Possible reasons for this are:
  • the DB is not loaded into the PLC
  • the DB is loaded, but it contains no word 232, iow the DB is too short

BTW, I don't like to speak to thin air, so please when you come back state a name or an alias.

Regards,

Hello guys.

So what do I have to do to make it work again. How do I look in to OB121 if I don't have it?I don't know where it is.It' not in the blocks folder in my S7 project so where is it? It seems like that my luck is going from bad to worse!! GRRRR

Oooo and by the way my name is Aleš.

NoName said:
How do I look in to OB121 if I don't have it?I don't know where it is.It' not in the blocks folder in my S7 project so where is it?

Ales (sorry my keyboard will not put a ~ above the S)

You can add OB121 to your block folder by right clicking, 'add new object' 'Organisation Block' then set the name as OB121. Download this to the PLC and then the program will continue to run and not flag this fault up. That does not really solve your problem though, you need to know why the PLC is calling OB121.
The error code you stated B#2523 (or is that B#25 and B#23?) does as previously stated by others points to a problem with one of your DB's.

Fault code B#23 is an area length when writing fault.
Fault code B#25 is a range error when writing.

So do as Jean Pierre says and debug your program and look for a transfer or move command to a non-existent DB area, look for one that points to DB*.DBW232 (* is a DB number).

Good Luck

Paul

The Fault code is 16# 2523.

I allso added the block OB121 to my project and unfortunatley it didn't solve my problem.The same error msg was dispalyed.

So the only other option is to Debug my program,wich I honestly don't know how to do.So I would need some help here.First of all where do I start, in OB1?I tryed there and had no succsess.I clicked on the Debug>Monitor, and there it just brought up the online mode of the Block OB1.And the only other option is Debug>operation, where I can only click Ok and can't change anything.So please guide me through this.

Thank you all for your replys.
Regards.
Aleš

If you are feeling insecure remove OB121. No the status changes from run to stop. Mark the error code in the Moduleinformation/Diagnosticbuffer tab check if the "open block" is available. If it is click it then step7 will take you to the place in the program where it crashes. If not you can select the stacks tab under Moduleinformation there you can see what all the registers contains when the cpu goes to stop. If there is a db open check if its available in the program check the ar registers and see that they dont contains any strange values.
If you still have problems post the program here so can we run it throw a simulator and see for ourselfs.
Ob121 and other error ob's wont fix your program they are there for errorhandeling purposes setting alarmcodes and so on and for debugging purposes when developing a program.

I deleted OB121.
And then I loaded everything in to the plc and tryed to set it to Run.
When I looked in the Module information, the same error msg was displayed and I cannot click the Open block button.So I clicked on Stacks.There are 2 block's in there. One is OB100, and the other is FB127 wich is protected.So I opened OB100.
This is writen inside the OB100:
CALL FB 127 , DB127
IN0:=DB100
IN1:=
NOP 0
Is this anything unusual?I dont know?But I don't think it is.

So obviusly I didn't solve my problem,so I'll attach my program.

Link to the program

Thankyou.
Regards
Aleš

NoName,

it looks like you attached the wrong program. There is no OB100 or FB127 in the attached program.

Anyhow, I dont know the language in the program, but it looks like it is a sample program from a text book.
If the other program is also a sample program, I think you just have to open it again (from the original source). I think the problem is that you have deleted or altered something in the original program.

I think that you need one of these step-by-step training courses in STEP7. Learning it all by one self is not impossible, its just much more uphill.

This is a stupid question but anyway.Why can't I just reset the entire plc and load another program in it??
I've been thinking this situation over and over last night!
I copyed some blocks form a siemens example project in my project and when I tried to transfer it to the plc it gave me an error that it could't transfer something in to the plc.So this must be the couse of the error.So in order to fix this problem I must somehow transfer all of those block's in to the plc.Right?? But how do I transfere it to the plc if it gives me the same error if I try again. It's virtualy imposible.Or is it?

And that's why there isn't an OB100 and a FB121 Jesper.

REgards
Aleš

My guess is that there was a call to DB232 in OB100, which is the startup OB and only gets called once, on restart or startup. If the call was there origally to a non-exsistant block and now you have deleted OB100, you should do an overall reset and download your program. I looked at what you posted and it looks fine. If you ever lock up the C7 completely, there is a, little known, red reset button, under the battery.

RRobbins said:
My guess is that there was a call to DB232 in OB100, which is the startup OB and only gets called once, on restart or startup. If the call was there origally to a non-exsistant block and now you have deleted OB100, you should do an overall reset and download your program. I looked at what you posted and it looks fine. If you ever lock up the C7 completely, there is a, little known, red reset button, under the battery.

Where is this reset button on an C7 635 OP?

You can do a memory reset in Step7 by selecting the menu Plc submenu Diagnostic/Setting then select Clear/Reset.