GE VersaPro Install Issue

Byron

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an issue with VersaPro (GE-FANUC) I've used it for YEARS- the 4 day demo, re-install... a while back it would not re-install. The setup.exe appears in the task manager (WinXP) and then freezes. I Googled it and hundreds, if not thousands of folks around the world have had the same issue with various program installations involving "Install Shield", with no real resolution that I have found (looked for months online). I, like others, have done thorough cleaning of registry; un-installs; on and on... no solution yet except for the dreaded reformat of the HD. That is NOT an option for me. For now I just use another of my laptops. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the issue with Install Shield- it only affects VersaPro on my XP machine, but other folks have the problem with various software installs. Install Shield was no help that I have seen for anyone.
[email protected]

I had an issue a few years back with updating my Proficy. GE Fanuc (now I-P) tech support sent me to a web page with some things to try to get the install to work. I will attach a PDF printout to this post.

I suggest that you upgrade to Proficy ME, as you said VersaPro is really OLD.
Also maybe it is time to purchase the software?