Siemens plc & profibus

quark555

Hi, I have two questions, and I hope I can get some help plz.

First: At work we have one system with 3 PLCs S7-400. They are using RAM to store the program. I was wondering, if I requested for EEPROM instead of RAM, will that EEPROM contain even the configurations (Like IP address, etc..) (Thus in case of PLC failure any technician can just replace the PLC and install the backup eeprom. ??? (Or still requires configurations using Symatic S7 ??

Second: If I changed the way Profibus is connecting devices, does it require any changes on the PLC Program side? (Like we have PILZ-E-Stop PLC- in the middle of the Profibus network, and I we were thinking to have it on a seperate line (thus any work on the segment, won't affect the entire system.

Thank in advance.

If you change from a ram card to eeprom the system data will
Be retained Make sure you still keep the battery so that a power cycle will keep your setpoints etc..

You can move a device to any location on your network, even through a repeater.
I hope this is clear and helps