RsLogix 500 Address Replacement

The Plc Kid

Today i had a output point go bad on a relay oputput card and i was going to move the circuit to the free point.

When i went to change the address in the program i saw where it was referenced in about 50 places. So i went through and changed them all and everthing is working now but is there a easier way to do this.

When i write a program from scratch i always buffer the I/O even in slc and plc 5 systems for this reason. If you need to change a physical I/O point it only needs to be changed in one place. Unfortunatly i inherited a lot of programs that were not done this way.

Is there a way in rs logix 500,5 to replace all instances of a address without doing it all by hand rung by rung?

I know it can be done with address documentation.

I am self taught rs logix so it may be something i have not discovered?

What I usally do is just branch the spare output with the one that went bad. This way I do not have to do a find and replace. Then when time I replace the output card or PLC if it is a brick and just download the original program back in.