Adding previous totalizer value into current - Logix 5000 FBD

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I can't seem to insert a flow totalizer value into my function block. I can only place values into the OldTotal Register.

I want my function block to output what my flow meter display says. Must I add these values and create a new totalized tag?

Thanks

Try writing directly to TotTag.Total with an Add instruction from either Ladder, FB, or ST.

TotTag.Total := TotTag.Total + SomeValue

If using FB then connect the ADD destination output to a reference to TotTag.Total instead of trying to wire it to the TotTag.Total output tab.

Make sure the ADD is controlled by a one shot or other logic necessary to keep undesired multiple adds from occurring.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, Currently we have three plants running with Controllogix PLCs (L72, L73, L74). In each of these plants we have 2 FTView SE...
Replies
Views
Hello, Im building project with 1756-L82ES controller and 1756-IB16S card but i cant find it when trying to add the card to IO configuration...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a pair of redundant 1756-L71 controllers rev 24. These controllers currently have produced and consumed tag interfaces to 3 other...
Replies
Views
I'm adding an IAI Gateway with 2 axes connected to it. To an ethernet network on my PLC. So, I think the math is correct on the Input and Output...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks. I am gearing up to add a 2nd identical HMI to a project. This 2nd HMI will basically be an exact clone of the 1st one. The equipment...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom