MicroLogix 1500

powersoff

Hello,

I am using a Micrologix1500 1764-24AWA and would like to add 3 expansion I/O modules.
(1)1769-OA8
(2)1769-IQ16
For some reason I have it in my head that if I add more then 2 expansion I/O I need a additional power supply.
Is this superstition on my part?

Thanks for any replies.

FYI depending on what series processsor/base you can have upto 16 modules. and you could also add a second rack with expansion PSU.

when you get the modules it says on the side what they draw from the 5v bus. and also from the 24v external supply you give them.
i do not have a processor/base to hand so i could not say if it tells you on that what the maximum draw is for the bus.

rob

i wasnt suggesting you need a second psu just an FYI if he ever wanted to expand over the maximum permissable current.

and yes burnie you are correct it auto configs the modules and gives you a warning in the dialogue box when you exceed the maximum current draw, but saying that we have a 1500 bxb which has about 10 16 point input and output modules and when i connect to it, it always warns me that it is exceeding the maximum but it never has any problems and it came from the US like that

rob