AB ML1100 Real Time clock sync

schembm

Hi,
I am currently using an allen-bradley plc to set the water level in a tank with a PID loop. I have some other functions which are time dependant so I need to update the RTC.
I have tried to use the RTA function but I cannot get it to work. Can I get some help on it please?
What does the time update from (other PLC or other PC)?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hi Matthew,

In the RSLogix500 project tree, open Controller, controller properties, function files. Got to the RTC tab and click Set Date and Time. The time will sychonize with your prograaming computer.

Marc

Hi Marc,
Thanks for your reply. I know how to do that, what I need to do is automatic updating every week so that all plc's are updated together.

Any help welcome :)
thanks

The RSLogix5000 clock update tool is supposed to work with the ML1100

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80825/kw/Micrologix%201100%20clock%20update/r_id/113025

It is a free download and you can configure it to update the clocks for all the PLCs (that are compatible) on your RSLinx networks. It runs on a PC so you would want to install it on a machine that is always available and can access the PLCs through RSLinx.

It can be found here:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/downloads/

Then choose RSLogix as the product (number 2) and hit Search. It will the the 2nd utility from the bottom of the list.