S7-400 / PG Connections

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

Apologies for being a little long winded . . .

Does anyone know if it is possible to force a disconnect of PG monitoring a block in a S7-400 using programming?

Here is the situation: S7-400 CPU being accessed through a Ethernet CP module. Two PG's are monitoring blocks. The PG's may be in different areas. The users of the PG leaves the area without turning off the monitor. Then in another area a third PG is used to try to monitor a block, but no resources are available (Max 2 PG's monitoring).

Instead of runnning all over to find the PG's and disconnecting them, is it possible to wire an input and have programming disconnect all connected PG's? Yes, I could just unplug the Ethernet drop, but that will disrupt CPU to CPU and HMI communications.

Any / All suggestions appreciated.

Maybe it is possible for an administrator to kick off a user in a multiprojekt if you use the STEP7 option called SIMATIC LOGON.

Apart from that, to my best knowledge it is not possible from within STEP7.

How about enabling remote access to all programming PCs, so that you could go in and manually close the STEP7 application on the PC that is not in use, and/or place a message on the desktop "you were disconnected from the PLC by xxx".