How to connect and config DH (round) port on AB PLC 5/04

Using a PCMCIA card or the newer USB ones?

Either way, load the driver up in RsLinx(Communications, Configure Drivers), would be the 1784-PCMK probably for the pcmcia one, 1784-u2dhp for the usb one. Accept the default name, If you are using the PCMK, choose that from the dropdown regarding device type. You can generally leave the rest of the values alone. Only caveat here is the station number, 0 *may* be taken by something else. If so, it will tell you, change it to something like 76.

Thanks for the help,
I do have the PCMCIA ( NI-485) Card and the DB9 connector
Do you know the pinout of the DB9 config ?

What is this "NI-485" you have? The only device that will work with a PCMCIA slot and DH+ is AB's 1784-PCMK card as stated above.

Your best bet is the new 1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+) also as stated above.

The NI-485 is a national instruments card I think?

Yeah, that won't work w/ RsLinx.

Let's back up, Why do you want to connect w/ this computer? For what purpose?

The RS-232 Port is using for the Front Control panel
The only port is DH+ available to use to view program
If you know how to hookup the DH 485 Please advise
Thanks

The Computer went to DUMP MODE when I chose the PCMK Driver
I think I have seen this before. As far as I remember, it happens if you chose the PCMK in RSLinx before the PnP driver for the PCMK card has been properly installed.
This makes me believe you dont have a PCMK card. If you did really have a PCMK card and you inserted it into the PC without the PnP driver, you would get a "failed to install new hardware".

You might want to consider connecting the the L541 CPU via the serial port and DF1 protocol. This works quite ok if you ramp up the baudrate to 19200 ro 38400.

Thanks for the help,
If you know how to hook up DH485 Cable and hardware please advise
Thanks

Your NI card is a RS-485 interface.

The port you are trying to hook into is an Allen-Bradley DH+.

It won't work.

The reason your computer crashed when you picked the PCMK driver is, you don't have a PCMK, the expected hardware isn't there.

If you want to talk to this port, you need a DH+ interface.