Pulling information to a PLC and saving reports

Bolatov

Hello

Recently i have been given the project of design a runtester equipment.
but they are asking me to go beyond of my actual knowledge

they want to use a sql server to store recipes there and they also want to store the results of each test in that database

So they will use a barcode scanner then by the model number they will pull the recipes information to the plc

then after the plc ends the test it will save the information

i know how to program plcs and hmi's (we will use a micrologix 1200, and i don't know if i should use a panelview plus hmi)

but could someone point to any information i could read about pulling and saving information to databases from a plc? since i never done and i really dont know where to start from...

thank you very much

The Micrologix 1200 is a pretty small and limited device. Will it have enough memory for your storage?

I think it might

the recipes will only include this variables:
Voltaje Applied (Could be 480 or 230 vca)
Current Hi Limit
Current Low Limit
1 or 3 phase

The reports will save almost the same:
Model
Serial Number
Real voltaje applied
Current reading