Beckhoff BK5200 and BK5220

Farnesi

Hi guys

It's 6:52AM sunday and people from my company just woke me up cause of some Beckhoff BK5220 DeviceNet issue lol :geek:

They are trying to replace an BK5200 which is failing for an Bk5220... Are they compatible? It's the only one we have.... Can anyone give me some tips on this?

We fixed it.

So what was going on was this:

The BK5200 installed on DNet was failing so we replace for an BK5220. After installing on the DNet, there was an error (Error 77) for this device (BK5220) which is a parameter configuration of the number of bytes programmed on the module vs the number of bytes the module has available.

We de-energized all the I/O modules and configured the BK5220 with the standard bytes number (1byte). After this the module was detected thru DeviceNet... and then we re-energized all the I/O modules and they all got detected by BK5220.

This took over 12h to be solved... oh christ... tomorrow I'll have to explain it to everyone probly.